How to Get a Utah State Insurance License
This should be some helpful information to walk you through the state-specific items for Utah.
|Utah Insurance Department||Testing Provider (PSI)|
|(801) 538-3800||(800) 733-9267|
1. Schedule and Pass the Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher or electronic check. You can make a reservation through the following methods:
- Online: www.psiexams.com
- Phone: (800) 733-9267
- Fax completed Registration Form to (702) 932-2666 and call PSI after 4 business days.
- Email the completed Registration Form to [email protected] and call PSI after 4 business days.
- Mail the completed Registration Form and appropriate exam fee to PSI Services LLC, ATTN: Examination Registration UT INS, 3210 E Tropicana * Las Vegas, NV * 89121. After 2 weeks, call PSI to schedule the exam at (800) 733-9267.
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
- A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card
You will be required to supply a copy of your Certificate of Completion in order to be admitted to the exam.
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to sign in and verify identification.
- No talking or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted in the exam area.
- Children, cell phones, calculators, pagers, cameras, programmable electronic devices and recording devices of any kind are NOT allowed.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking will be allowed at the exam site.
- Dictionaries, books, papers, or study and reference materials are NOT permitted.
- You may not exit the building during the exam.
- Any candidate seen giving or receiving assistance will be asked to leave the exam center. The dismissal will be reported to the state and you may be denied licensure.
PSI exam sites have additional procedures:
- You will have your picture taken prior to admittance into the exam.
- You may not wear a jacket, coat or any type of hooded clothing into the exam room. Sweaters that do not have pockets are allowed.
- You may not bring a purse or backpack into the exam room.
- You will be asked to put these items in your vehicle. PSI only provides accordion type folders for any items. These folders are left in the lobby and PSI is not responsible for the security of those items.
- You may not wear a wristwatch into the exam room and you will be asked to empty your pockets.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Pretest questions may not be covered in your educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
- If you do not pass, you will immediately receive an unsuccessful exam results letter along with a diagnostic report indicating your strengths and weaknesses by exam portion.
- If you pass, you will immediately receive a successful notification and performance summary on an exam results letter.
|Utah Exam Information|
|Exam Code||Exam Name||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|17-01||Producer’s Life||2 hrs||80|
|17-03||Producer’s Life and Accident/Health||2 hrs 30 min||100|
2. Apply for a License
After passing the exam, apply for your license at the kiosk in the testing center and print off the NIPR/Sircon application confirmation page. You will need this page to prove that your application is complete before you can be fingerprinted.
You can choose to apply for your license at a later time. Once you are ready, go to www.nipr.com to submit your application. You will be required to return to a PSI testing facility for fingerprinting if you leave the testing facility without applying for your license, and you must show a copy of the NIPR/Sircon application confirmation page at your fingerprinting appointment.
3. Get Fingerprinted
Show the NIPR/Sircon confirmation page to the test center supervisor. They will take a digital scan of your fingerprints and send the results to the Insurance Department.
4. Print Your License
Once the application has been processed, you will be able to print off a copy of your license at www.sircon.com/utah by clicking on “Print a license”. To check the status of your application, go to www.sircon.com/utah and click on “Check license application status”.