How to Get a Nebraska State Insurance License
This should be some helpful information to walk you through the state-specific items for Nebraska.
|Nebraska Department of Insurance||Testing Provider (Prometric)|
|(402) 471-4913||(800) 853-4753|
1. Make an Exam Reservation
Licensing exams are provided by Prometric. You can make an exam reservation online, by phone, fax or mail. Exam fees may be paid with a Master Card, Visa, money order, company check, or cashier’s check. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Online: https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/insurance/Pages/nebraska.aspx
- Phone: (800) 853-4753
- Fax: Registration via fax or mail is a two-step process:
- Submit the registration form along with payment to:
ATTN: NE Insurance Program
3110 Lord Baltimore Dr. Ste. 200
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
Fax: (800) 347-9242
2. Call (800) 853-4753 after the registration has been processed to schedule your exam.
What to Bring
A current signed form of identification. The identification document must:
- Be government-issued (e.g., driver’s license, state-issued or military id card)
- Contain both a current photo and your signature
- Have a name that exactly matches the name used to register for the exam
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to verify identification and be photographed.
- All testing sessions are video and audio recorded.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing room such as cell phones, watches, wallets, or purses.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Experimental questions may not be covered in the candidates educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, your score will be displayed on the screen and you will receive a printed score report. The score report will include whether you passed or failed, the overall percentage score, and percentage correct for each of the major sections of the exam.
- Prometric notifies the Department of Insurance your exam results within 2 business days.
|Nebraska Exam Information|
|Exam Code||Exam Name||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|13-01||Producer’s Life and Annuities||2 hrs||100|
|13-03||Producer’s Life and Annuities; Accident and Health or Sickness Insurance||2 hrs 30 min||150|