How to Get a Connecticut State Insurance License
|Connecticut Insurance Department||Testing Provider (Prometric)|
|(860) 297-3845||(800) 341-3257|
1. Schedule and Pass the Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
Licensing exams are provided by Pearson Vue. You can make an exam reservation online, by phone, by fax, or by mail. Exam fees may be paid with a Master Card, Visa, money order, company check, or cashier’s check. Personal checks are not accepted.
Please VERIFY that you have created your web account with your LEGAL name as it appears on your government-issued ID and that your personal information is CORRECT. Contact Pearson VUE immediately to correct the spelling of your name or update your personal information if you notice any errors. It is very important that this information is correct, as it will appear as it was entered on the documentation provided to you after you have completed the exam, as well as on any reports to your licensing agency.
Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day you wish to test, subject to availability. You may schedule your exam online or over the phone by contacting customer service.
What to Bring
- Your Certificate of Completion from a completed pre-licensing course of study
- A current signed form of identification. The identification document must:
- Be government-issued (e.g., driver’s license, state-issued or military id card)
- Contain both a current photo and your signature
- Have a name that exactly matches the name used to register for the exam
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to verify identification and be photographed.
- All testing sessions are video and audio recorded.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing room such as cell phones, watches, wallets, or purses.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Experimental questions may not be covered in the candidate’s educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, your score will be displayed on the screen and you will receive a printed score report. The score report will include whether you passed or failed, the overall percentage score, and percentage correct for each of the major sections of the exam.
- Prometric notifies the Department of Insurance your exam results within 2 business days.
|Connecticut Exam Information|
|Exam Code||Exam Name||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|18-01||Producer’s Life Ins.||2 hrs||100|
|18-03||Producer’s Life/Accident and Health Ins.||2 hrs 30 min||150|